I researched, wrote and provided photographs for eight cycle rides in Sussex for this guidebook.
The brief was to come up with original cycle rides suitable for families, fully mapped and with pub stops. Quite a challenge, considering the limitations of terrain and network, but using extant trails and lanes, I came up with some highly rewarding routes:
- The Centurion Way from Chichester, and up the Trundle
- Amberley and Bignor Roman Villa
- Ditchling Beacon, the South Downs Way and the Chattri War Memorial
- Hamsey and Barcombe Mills
- The Cuckoo Trail around Hailsham
- Friston Forest and Cuckmere Haven
- A loop from Pevensey to Herstmonceux
- Winchelsea to Rye and Camber Sands
You might also be interested in the following projects.